25 de agosto de 2009

Requiem for a Loser, pt. IV

It was all a dream... but dreams have the bad habit of turning into nightmares when you're not looking...

I took my plane back to Los Angeles. After all that had happened to me, I needed to see Samantha once again... I needed another dosage of her; she's my addiction.

While I was on the plane I remembered the moments that I had enjoyed back in Mexico City and Paris. Great moments, I gotta admit... but the best moment in my life and by which my whole fate changed drastically is Samantha. I can still feel her breathing on my neck as we lay down at the apartments curious bed. I knew she'd be waiting for me to come back to her, it just couldn't any other way.

"Aaahh.. the good ol' apartment." I thought as I walked down the street to the place. And as I walked down to the place, I started wondering how would Samantha welcome me: Would it be with just a kiss? A kiss and a hug? A kiss, a hug... and something more? Or just a dinner?

But those questions faded away when I arrived to the apartment and looked through a window and saw it completely empty. I ran knocked the door down and ran into the apartment trying to find her, but the only thing I found was a note: "Paradise", that's all it said... Paradise Hotel.

She was leaning on the front handrail of the Paradise Hotel, she was balancing her body lightly while looking down to the MacArthur Park. She moved her head rhythmically to make her long hair move with the wind. Then, she stretched her legs and then leaned back on the handrail making her left shoulder carry her weight while showing off her ass. She had a cigarette on one hand and a vodka tonic on the other. It was the third, in fact. She took the lighter out of her purse but she was obviously having a bad time trying to light up her smoke, so I ran to her and helped her.

She looked deep down into my eyes and the cigarette fell down from her lips. "C'mon! You didn't give me the chance to light it up.", I told her. But she didn't say anything, instead she just jumped and put her arms around my neck to bring me closer to her and kiss me.... just like the first time. That's when I could sense the intensity of her vodka breath.

I asked her about the apartment:

"I thought you were never coming back. That made me really sad and I cried you a lot... but then I met someone... someone that helped me out of my depression, someone that could help me pay up my bills, someone that took me in and gave me everything."
Then her eyes rolled towards the entrance of the Paradise Hotel.

"I understand...", that's the last thing I said to her.

"But I love you, baby. And his money is not everything in life. We can leave all this behind and start again."

I stepped back and moved away from her... and never turned my head back to see her. I did listen to her sobbing and crying, but... this is the end.

This is just the way I lost her, the way I lost my love; but she gave me great gifts: a new job and an apartment where to start all over. I'll use my own money to bring it back to life.

That's the story of my life: I have good luck 15 minutes, and I lose it all in 5 minutes or less... I guess, that's why I'm such a loser.

Autor: James Jack

0 comentarios: